Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Day of No Love....

Oh Valentines Day.... what a day this is. Well I know how I prefer to spend this romantic holiday! With my best friend some sappy movies and work. I know Im a sucker for the romance. In all reality Im not against this holiday, but Im not for it either. I just hate the fact that as much as nobody wants it to it is "Single Awareness Day." Like Hello World! I have no plans on Valentines Day because I dont have any Love Interest. Its depressing. And then there are the couples... I mean isnt this what anniversaries are for? The one day a year you can be all sappy and lovey dovey? I just dont really get the whole point of Valentines Day.
                                                    Dance with god
All that I can seem to think about is how I need to remember to not try and rush things. Even on these days when you are forced to realize that at this current moment you dont have a certain someone.... you are never alone. I love this saying above. Since I was a little girl I grew up dancing with my dad, you know when he puts you on his toes. So when I read this I cant help but think of Heavenly Father as just that, my father. And Im his little girl dancing on his toes not ready to let go. I am his little girl and though he watches me go through many different heart breaks and trials, i believe he will let the Perfect man cut in. I believe that someday someone will walk into my life and then I will realize why it never worked out with anyone else. Today... on the day of lonely hearts, Ill cuddle up with my 3 Valentines: Netflix, Chocolates, and my Sweats. And I wont be sad. The only reason why I wont be sad is because I know that there will be a time here someday soon when I wont have to have those as my Valentines. Because when the right time comes:<3  It will find a way. Heavenly Father will make sure of this. "Love is Patient, Love is Kind, it does not envy it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves." 1 Corinthians 13:4
Happy Valentines Day Everyone. And dont let today get you down <3

No comments:

Post a Comment