Sunday, March 24, 2013

Life is Short

 This morning I received some terrible news that my dear cousin Taylor Leonard and her boyfriend Nathan were in a tragic car accident that resulted in his immediate death and her being rushed to the ICU. Early this afternoon, Taylor's organs were failing and she was pronounced brain dead. It was devastating but her family made the decision to to let her go. Taylor was such a sweet amazing girl and she will be so missed. I didnt know her too well and wasnt incredibly close to her, but what I did know was that she was smart, funny, kind, loving, accepting, and very welcoming of me and my family into hers. I wish I had the chance to get to know Taylor a little better. She is only about 3 weeks younger than me. It is crazy to realize how quickly life can change. We must not take a single moment of it for granted. 
 Today has really gotten me thinking about my life and all of the things I overlook. Like how much I love and cherish my family, how important the gospel is in our lives, how great of friends I have, and how much I am grateful to wake up each day and make it through the day.
  "Life is short. Hug the people you love, the people you want to love, and the people you are supposed to       love." 
Dearest Taylor and Nathan: Rest in Peace <3

 
Ive realized today the things that I need to work on in my life. I dont want to do anything that if something were to happen to me or someone Im close to one day that I would regret my decisions earlier. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to make you realize how important your life is and how much you need to remember that it is short and you need to live each day to the fullest :) Love you Taylor and my prayers and love go out to the family.  I look forward to the day we are reunited and until then I will live peacefully knowing you are watching out for us all above! RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment